The #1 Reason It Is Difficult to Find Your Dream HomeThe headlines in real estate today all revolve around one major point: there is a shortage of homes available for sale. Price appreciation
How To Know When Its Time For A New Roof
It’s easy to tell when you need to replace your carpet or repaint the walls; you see them every day and when they look old or dingy, it’s easy to notice. The wear and tear on your roof is a different thing. How often do you spend the time looking up at your roof and really analyzing how it looks? If you’re like most people, the first indication you get that it’s time for a new roof is when water starts leaking into your home. Before that happens, here are some signs that your roof needs to be replaced:
• It’s old: most roofs have a 20-year warranty, if it’s older than that, consider replacing
• It shows wear and tear: peeling or bubbling paint
• Roof material/debris is evident around the home: signs it’s breaking down
• Leaks and/or water stains: check both the garage as well as your attic for evidence of leaks
• Your energy bills are rising: Unexplained increases in your utility bills could be signs of heat or cold invading your home
If you suspect that it’s time to replace the roof, now is the time to investigate your options for replacement or repairs, before you are faced with much larger damage.
Deirdre is a Broker and co-owner, with her husband Steve, of EXIT Realty Champions in Davenport - the closest office to Disney World Orlando! With 12 years of experience over a broad range of real est....
Latest Blog Posts
Four Tips for Selling Your Central Florida Home in a Hurry.One of the good things about the Kissimmee real estate market, if you are a homeowner, is thatthere is always someone looking to buy. Even
Resort Style Living in this beautiful 2 story fully furnished townhouse on the private, gated Balmoral community on Hwy 27 close to Legoland and easy access to the