The #1 Reason It Is Difficult to Find Your Dream HomeThe headlines in real estate today all revolve around one major point: there is a shortage of homes available for sale. Price appreciation
Staging A Home To Sell Faster
It's no doubt, when you put your home on the market, you want to sell it as soon as possible. Staging a home is a marketing technique that makes your home more appealing to a greater number of buyers. Here are a few tips to make that possible:
1) Make it Sparkle! A clean home inside and out is the most important factor. On the outside, it's the first impression, so make it a great one by keeping the lawn nicely manicured and a minimal amount of plants. Power wash the walkways, patio, driveway and exterior of your home. On the inside, mop, dust, vacuum, wash windows, mirrors and baseboards. Pay particular attention to the bathroom, possibly even paint it white to give potential buyers the feeling of extra cleanliness. Also, pay attention to odors and neutralize those, if needed.
2) Remove clutter. You're going to be moving, so why not pack up personal items. I recommend to pack anything smaller than a cantaloupe and replace pictures with mirrors- you know buyers would rather look at themselves than you and your family! Haha, and mirrors give a roomier feeling. Also, when you remove papers, personal and small items it makes the rooms seem bigger and more comfortable.
3) Pay attention to color and light. Too bright of colors turns buyers off. Neutral colors are best for the broadest appeal, makes the home appear larger and has the least chance of offending someone. Lighting is the most effective way to set a mood, so be sure to open up the blinds and draperies to let in that natural sunshine throughout the home.
4) Apply a fresh coat of paint. Paint can quickly refresh a dull, dated room and can give you a big bang for your buck! Remember to stay neutral. Choose a beige or taupe for living spaces and white or neutral blue for bathrooms.
5) Make simple repairs. Repair squeaky and/or loose doors as well as broken and/or loose fixtures and fittings that have been neglected.
6) Spring for new light fixtures. Renew the look of the room by replacing old or tacky light fixtures, door hardware, light switches and outlets. Get rid of anything as old and tacky as yourself! HAHA, just kidding on the tacky part ;-)
HAPPY LISTINGS TO YOU!!
Deirdre is a Broker and co-owner, with her husband Steve, of EXIT Realty Champions in Davenport - the closest office to Disney World Orlando! With 12 years of experience over a broad range of real est....
Latest Blog Posts
Four Tips for Selling Your Central Florida Home in a Hurry.One of the good things about the Kissimmee real estate market, if you are a homeowner, is thatthere is always someone looking to buy. Even
Resort Style Living in this beautiful 2 story fully furnished townhouse on the private, gated Balmoral community on Hwy 27 close to Legoland and easy access to the