The #1 Reason It Is Difficult to Find Your Dream HomeThe headlines in real estate today all revolve around one major point: there is a shortage of homes available for sale. Price appreciation
The Pros And Cons Of Staging Your Home When Selling
On many popular house flipping shows, the sellers spend thousands of dollars on "staging" their otherwise home for sale. The following are a list of points you should consider regarding whether or not it's worth it.
1. In a buyer's market, it helps your home stand out. In real estate, image is everything, so any details that can set your home apart from the neighbors' will help sell your home faster. According to the International Association of Home Staging Professionals, staged homes sell for an average of $26,000 more than homes that are not staged.
2. What's your budget? A consultation from a staging professional will cost somewhere in the hundreds, and the actual staging of the home will cost in the thousands. You should, however, be able to recoup these costs with a higher selling price.
3. Where can I save money? A new trend is "virtual home staging." A professional photographer can take photographs of your home and digitally add furniture to the photos. This will cost a few hundred dollars. Obviously when potential buyers enter the home they will not see the furniture, but at least now, by using the photos online, they can visualize how the home should be set up.
4. What's my priority? The home stagers will "depersonalize" your home- take your family photos down, take your children's artwork off the refrigerator, etc. The reason is because potential buyers envision the homes as theirs, not as yours.
5. Focus on the exterior. The exterior is the first thing a buyer sees, and you need to make sure it looks great. Make sure lawn is mowed and edged, the hedges trimmed, and the flowerbeds mulched.
Steve Humphries, Broker & Co-Owner of EXIT Realty Champions, has been in the real estate business since 2004. Collaborating in business and life with his wife and fellow broker, Deirdre Lucey-Humphrie....
Latest Blog Posts
Four Tips for Selling Your Central Florida Home in a Hurry.One of the good things about the Kissimmee real estate market, if you are a homeowner, is thatthere is always someone looking to buy. Even
Resort Style Living in this beautiful 2 story fully furnished townhouse on the private, gated Balmoral community on Hwy 27 close to Legoland and easy access to the